We firmly believe in:
- Providing our users with relevant products and services that are carefully matched based on their profiles and interests
- Products that hold to high privacy standards and practices
- Ensuring that the collection of any personal information is transparent to the user
- Ensuring we clearly communicate to users meaningful choices to protect their privacy
- Being a responsible steward of any information we collect
Overall privacy statement
aSpecial Media regards privacy as important. This privacy statement discloses the types of information we gather, how we use it, and how to interpret or analyse it. These privacy practices apply to the website that you visited, when you clicked through to this policy, which is operated by aSpecial Media, and/or its partner or affiliates.
1. Does aSpecial Media collect personally identifiable information?
aSpecial Media does not collect personally identifiable information. Information collected is non-identifiable and anonymous, unless you provide such to us, for instance, when you register on our site, when you subscribe for an e-mail newsletter, and when you visit aSpecial Media or any of the websites of our partners and affiliates. aSpecial Media may also receive information about you from third party sources and add it to the information you have provided to us.
aSpecial Media’s primary goal in collecting information is to provide you with the content that is most relevant or are of higher interest to you. Our Clients may choose to pass information about their website users to us, either directly through our services or through APIs when our services connect to their systems. In order to protect consumer privacy, aSpecial Media will de-identify and aggregate this data into audiences. De- identified audience data may be shared with our third-party media partners.
Any personally identifiable information collected will be shared only if:
- You have given consent to share the information
- You have subscribed to products or services such as opt-in newsletters, articles within aSpecial media and our affiliated partners
- You have purchased or downloaded affiliated or co-branded products or services. This purchase information and any specific registration or downloads will be passed back to the service partner. The use of your information is subject to their applicable privacy policies
- There are legal actions involved, including subpoenas, court orders, or legal processes or actions which contravene aSpecial Media’s security, proprietary rights and property. These will require aSpecial Media to divulge such information for governance and legal purposes.
2. What anonymous information does aSpecial Media collect?
aSpecial Media automatically receives and records information from your browser, including your IP address, the time, and information about the page you requested to our servers. We use an advanced tracking mechanism to keep track of your online browsing behavior, including: count of return visits to sites, types of pages read, length of time you are reading specific content and your preferences i.e. “likes/dislikes” expressed.
We may also receive data from our clients when their own customers have purchased products, registered at their website or in some other way consented to having their personally-identified data shared with third parties.
We do not give or sell any personally identifiable information to any vendors, affiliates or partners or 3rd party. We also do not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to identify you personally.
Any identifiable information made externally available through the tracking technology is purely subject to and governed by their applicable privacy policies. We do not use or store any sensitive data (financial accounts, health information, credit card numbers, social security numbers etc.).
3. How does aSpecial Media collect the information and what are my options as a consumer?
At any time, you may opt not to allow cookies to be collected by activating an option in your browser. Please note that if you delete, block or otherwise restrict cookies, or if you use a different computer or Internet browser, you may need to review your opt-out choice. If you do not opt-out as described above, aSpecial Media will collect your non-personally identifiable information for audience targeting purpose so our clients can display the most relevant ads to you.
4. How is my information collected used?
This information is accumulated and analysed in an anonymous, aggregate (data collected in mass) form via aSpecial Media’s advanced and proprietary algorithm platform.
This information gathered would then be used to:
- Customise the advertising and content you will receive – based on your specific online behavior
- Enhance your online experience in our partner and affiliated network of sites. The information we collect helps us determine the performance and quality of each page based on aggregated user demographics and traffic patterns to those pages. This helps us work with our partners to build and improve services for you
- Ensure you receive information on topics and content we believe is of more relevance and interest to you vs. generic content. We believe this will improve your online experience over time.
Any modification to our privacy practices will be reflected within this area of our aSpecial's website. If we are going to use the information collected from users in a manner materially different from that stated at the time of collection, we will announce this here.
6. Do I need to still to separately review my opt-in or opt-out preference from independent websites after I have done so within aSpecial Media’s network?
Many of our aSpecial Media’s network partners and clients have their respective opt-out mechanisms that are linked from their sites or posted within their privacy policies. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of our Clients, as such please do review the policies of the websites you visit and refer to the privacy policies of our Clients for a detailed understanding of their data collection processes and policies. You are advised to individually review to understand these opt-out links on a separate basis an/or if you wish to refrain receiving targeted advertising from these websites.
Click here to opt-out.